Question of the month: What are 3 of your favorite things you've learned from other blogs/Youtube?
I still remember the first time I ever used "Youtube" for makeup help. It was 2007 and I was attending my Boyfriends (now husband) work Christmas party. I wanted to do something special with my eyes so I googled "smokey eyes" and up popped a YT video by Panacea81. I soon found many other YT beauty Gurus.....and I was hooked !
1. The Power of Blending: The first very important tip I learned in Panacea's video (and in many other videos) was the importance of blending out my eyeshadows. I remember getting heavily into makeup in university...however, reviewing pictures it seems that I used to lay down a layer of MAC sable then deposit some MAC Sketch in the crease on call it a day...no blending. This was my day and night look.......ewwwwwww.
Not that you can really tell that I have done anything on my eyes....here is a pic from the Christmas party mentioned above...siggghhhhh I miss my bangs! Note: I have my nose pierced in this picture!
2 &3. The second and third thing I learned from Youtube was very important: how to apply blush without looking like Bozo the Clown, and how to contour. I had always heard to smile and apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. While this worked for my lighter pinky/peach coloured blushes, it definitely did not work for my darker coloured Blushes, so I stopped wearing them. Then I came across this video by Nur and it was life changing!
Because this picture is black and white, it may appear I was a bit heavy handed with my contour, but I promise I wasn't:)
love learning new tips and tricks from Youtube/Blog! I hope you guys enjoyed this post :)
- Alison*Elle - Alison has found her perfect sweater.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle was finally able to layer for the chilly weather, and decided to try it with burgundy and fuchsia.
- Ella Pretty - Ella shares recent outfits and her Black Friday purchases.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay debuted her new bangs and found a new love for glammed up collars!
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is ready for the holidays and has her wishlist made!
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle has popped and is making the most of her pregnancy style.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is remixing a summer silk tee by adding a dark blazer.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen is preggers and is taking us on her journey !