So I was asked by the lovely Ella from Ella Pretty Blog if I wanted to join her monthly must read group. Basically, once a month I will do a post, and answer the monthly question as well as link to other blog posts that are....the "must read":) I hope you guys like this... thought it would be something different. So here it goes..
Question of the month: Please share a picture of your Engagement Ring and tell us a story behind it.
Answer : Okay, So at first I was a little hesitant about this...but, what the heck :) Here is a picture of my ring and wedding band (the band above it) I'm currently stacking some other rings with it as well.
Story: When my husband proposed, he actually didn't propose with a ring, which for me...was perfect. We went together to chose the diamond and the setting. I was torn between keeping it simple, or glamming it up. But as you can see, we chose a classic four prong setting, and a very thin band. It is also a setting that kind of 'runs in the family' so to speak. It is similar to my sisters ring, and to what my older brother (with the help of our sister ;) picked out for his wife. It was also my hubby's preference :)
We were also happy that we were able to purchase a Canadian Diamond. This was something which was important to me due to the (admittedly very little) I know about "Blood Diamonds" . What I love about it is that there is a tiny Maple Leaf engraved in the diamond which is only visible under strong magnification.
So that's my story... not too exciting but thought I would share:)
Hope you guys have a great weekend, and loooooonnnnngggg weekend for those near me! :)
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle revealed two pretty details to spice up her look.
- Ella Pretty - Ella's been fall shopping - check out her haul from H&M, Old Navy & American Eagle
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is loving her new black lace skirt
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay's been loving the peplum trend
- Saltwater Dreams - Andi is sharing some quick fashion bytes, check them out here
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle is loving her new Kate Spade flats
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is playing around with a new bell skirt as opposed to a straight pencil skirt...baby steps...